Who I am
My name is Björn Jeffery and I run a consultancy practice focused on digital strategy and consumer culture.
Until recently, I was the CEO and Co-Founder of Toca Boca – one of the most successful mobile kids brands in the world with over 200,000,000 downloads globally. I’ve also run research & analysis for a global media company, a fashion blog for men, a web agency pioneering social media, a dance music blog with accompanying record label, and prior to that I was a relatively bad journalist. Here is my formal resume on Linkedin.
What I am interested in
I am interested in the near future and how to develop products and services that fit within it. I think this is best done by thoroughly understanding mobile and web, and adding to that a broader understanding of culture and its impact on consumer expectations. Simply knowing one of the two is not enough any more.
I bring a unique perspective in that I have both run extensive research and strategy projects, and developed entire companies of my own. I can look at macro trends without losing touch with the realities of running a business. I’ve done, and enjoyed, both.
I want to work in an independent and flexible manner. That is when I perform best. I’m happy to form alliances – temporary or otherwise – if and when that makes sense.
What I can do for you
Here are some examples of areas where I can be helpful:
- Advise executives that want to change or expand their digital business. They may want help in doing so, or a second opinion on what is about to be done.
- Research, write, and present reports on changes in mobile and consumer culture for executive teams.
- Develop strategies and plan for how to best perform on mobile ecosystems such as Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Advise funds or family offices on the fit and viability of potential investments in the consumer and mobile space.
- Develop strategies for products and services designed for kids and families.
How to get in touch
I’m based in San Francisco but happy to work on interesting projects with people and companies from all over the world. If you are interested in finding out if I can help in any way, please drop me a line and we can get things started.
I am a very small, but proud, investor in the following companies:
- Clue – a period tracker focused on holistic female health.
- Enjo – instant emotional support for parents.
How to learn more
Here are some selected articles that I have been interviewed for:
- The New Yorker – How To Make A Great Kids App
- Business Insider – A CEO explains how giving employees $2,300 and an extra week off work creates a competitive advantage
- USA Today – These kids apps highlight diversity
- Fast Company – 6 Tips On How To Make It In Silicon Valley, From A Successful Expat Transplant
- Recode: In Kids’ App Market, Toca Boca Plays the Long Game
And some selected conferences where I have spoken over the years:
- PSFK – New York
- The Conference – Malmö
- Lift – Geneva
- CreativeMornings – Stockholm
- Digital Kids Conference – San Francisco