It has been six months since I left Toca Boca, and it is time for my next chapter.
Today, I am starting my own practice focused on digital strategy and consumer culture. I am interested in the near future and how to develop products and services that fit within it. I think this is best done by thoroughly understanding mobile and web, and adding to that a broader understanding of culture and its impact on consumer expectations. Simply knowing one of the two is not enough any more.
I bring a unique perspective in that I have both run extensive research and strategy projects, and developed entire companies of my own. I can look at macro trends without losing touch with the realities of running a business. I’ve done, and enjoyed, both.
I want to work in an independent and flexible manner. That is when I perform best. I’m happy to form alliances – temporary or otherwise – if that makes sense.
Below are some examples of areas where I can be helpful:
- Advise executives that want to change or expand their digital business. They may want help in doing so, or a second opinion on what is about to be done.
- Research, write, and present reports on changes in mobile and consumer culture for executive teams.
- Develop strategies and plan for how to best perform on mobile ecosystems such as Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Advise funds or family offices on the fit and viability of potential investments in the consumer and mobile space.
- Develop strategies for products and services designed for kids and families.
I’m staying in San Francisco for now, but not anchoring this business to my surroundings. I hope to find interesting work from people and companies all over the world.
If you have worked with me before, I hope you will keep me in mind for future projects.
If you haven’t worked with me before, you may want some more formal information about me and what I have done prior to this. You can find that here.
If you have an idea for a project or just want to say hello – please do!
Pingback: One year of advisory – Björn Jeffery